Harmony experience with WD Live TVs
It's compatible with Harmony IR and hub‑based products
- Set up your WD Live TV
- Set up your WD Live TV and install the apps you'd like to use (e.g., Netflix, Hulu+, YouTube).
- Connect Harmony to WD Live TV
- Once connected, you may use Harmony to control your WD Live TV and trigger Activities in which your WD Live TV is included.
Setting up a new Harmony remote
During the setup process, Harmony will ask you for the manufacturer and model numbers of your television, AV receiver and other devices. Enter manufacturer WD and enter its specific model number. Harmony will then guide you through the creation of a Watch TV Activity.
During the setup process Harmony will automatically scan your home network searching for connected WD Live TV devices. Once found, Harmony will either automatically create a Watch TV Activity or guide you through the process of creating one. If you wish to select a channel to launch each time the Activity begins, you may edit your Activity to select one.
If your WD Live TV is not detected, ensure it's powered on and connected to the same Wi‑Fi network as your Harmony hub.
Add WD Live TV using the Harmony mobile app
- Launch the Harmony mobile app and connect to your Harmony hub.
- Select MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > DEVICES.
- Select the ADD DEVICE button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE and enter manufacturer WD Live followed by your Smart TV model number.
- Once added, Harmony will prompt you to create an Activity. Select Yes.
- Continue through the series of questions to build your Watch TV Activity.
Add WD Live TV using the MyHarmony desktop software
- Launch the MyHarmony desktop software and sign into your account.
- Select your Harmony product from the Remote Gallery screen.
- Select the Devices tab on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Scan for device button near the center of the page.
- You will be prompted to connect your Harmony to your computer with the provided USB cable. Harmony will scan your home Wi‑Fi network for devices. Ensure both your WD Live TV and Harmony Hub are on the same Wi‑Fi network.
- Select the Add device button.
- Enter the manufacturer WD Live and enter your model number.
Using your WD Live TV
Harmony hub‑based products can control select WD Live TVs, and also add additional capabilities. Using the Harmony mobile app:
- Control icon lists commonly used WD Live TV buttons.
- Gestures allows you to control your Activity using simple swipe gestures over your phone screen. For example, swiping up/down will change your volume.
- Favorites will display all your WD Live TV channels for easy switching.
- Voiceand Text entry allows you to control your WD Live TV using your mobile device's keyboard and/or microphone.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the Netflix app.
Media Keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward and Rewind commands work. Netflix allows you to move a frame forward or backward using the direction left and right arrows.
Text entry is possible using the Harmony app.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the Hulu app.
Media Keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward and Rewind commands work.
The Hulu app has an on screen keyboard you navigate using direction keys and does not accept keyboard text entry.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the YouTube app.
Media Keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward and Rewind commands work. YouTube allows you to navigate between videos using the Skip Forward and Skip Backwards commands.
The YouTube app has an on screen keyboard you navigate using direction keys and does not accept keyboard text entry.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the VUDU app.
Media Keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward and Rewind commands work. VUDU allows you to move a frame forward or backward using the direction left and right arrows.
Text entry is possible using the Harmony app.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the Browser app.
Media Keys are not used within the Browser app.
Text entry is possible using Harmony Smart Keyboard or Harmony app.
Mouse/Cursor control is possible using Harmony Smart Keyboard.
The behavior of other apps may vary depending on its design.
Harmony has already optimized the buttons on your remote; however you can further customize these buttons depending on your preference.
Harmony automatically imports your WD Live TV channels and displays them under the favorites section on your Harmony remote. Commands specific to your Watch TV Activity are also displayed for which you can add, remove or rename them.
You can view common WD Live TV commands on your phone or tablet screen. You can add, remove or rearrange these commands.
Harmony Infrared remotes
Harmony connects with your WD Live TV through your home Wi‑Fi network, allowing you to trigger your Harmony Activities using your Harmony hub‑based remote or the Harmony mobile app. Please ensure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi‑Fi network as your Harmony hub.
All commands, navigation, media controls and text entry are sent using the USB receiver which must be plugged into the back of WD Live TV.
Select your remote
We need to know which type of remote you have in order to provide you the correct instructions. Please select from one of the options below in order to get started.
Instructions on this page are not relevant for the Harmony remote you've selected.
← GO BACK