Harmony experience with NVIDIA SHIELD TV
It's compatible with Harmony IR based remotes*
* Newer 2017 models of SHIELD TV do not work with IR based remotes.
It's compatible with Harmony hub‑based products
Harmony and NVIDIA SHIELD TV
Power on your TV, automatically set the correct inputs, and begin navigating your SHIELD TV all with a single Harmony remote. Use the Harmony mobile app on-screen keyboard to make password entry easier or use voice search for movies and television shows.
If you have a Harmony hub‑based product, you can create a Good night kids Activity that automatically turns off NVIDIA SHIELD at 9:00PM, closes the blinds and turns on the night light in the bedroom.
Make bedtime a little easier, with Harmony and SHIELD TV.
You can now use the Google Assistant in SHIELD TV to launch Harmony Activities with your voice, you must first connect Harmony with the Google Assistant to use this feature — shortcuts are not currently supported with SHIELD TV and the Google Assistant. For more information on how to connect Harmony and the Google Assistant, please see: Harmony experience with the Google Assistant
- Set up your NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Set up your SHIELD TV and install the apps you'd like to use (e.g., Netflix, Hulu+, Plex).
- Connect Harmony and SHIELD TV
- Once connected, you may use Harmony to control your SHIELD TV and trigger Activities in which SHIELD TV is included.
Add NVIDIA SHIELD to your Harmony setup
- Launch the Harmony mobile app and connect to your Harmony hub.
- Select MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > DEVICES.
- Select DEVICES and then press the ADD DEVICE button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select SCAN FOR WI‑FI DEVICES and Harmony will search for SHIELD TV devices on your home Wi‑Fi network.
- Your SHIELD TV will be detected as NVIDIA Game Console.
- Once added, Harmony will prompt you to create an Activity. Select Yes.
- Continue through the series of questions to build your Watch NVIDIA SHIELD Activity.
- Once you have selected your devices and inputs, Harmony will prompt you to Bluetooth pair Harmony and NVIDIA SHIELD.
- Using your SHIELD TV controller, navigate to the home screen.
- Select Settings > Add accessory, Harmony and SHIELD TV should pair after several seconds.
- your Harmony hub will appear as Harmony Keyboard.
- Launch the MyHarmony desktop software and sign into your account.
- Select your Harmony product from the Remote Gallery screen.
- Select the Devices tab on the left side of the screen, then the Add device link near the center of the page.
- Enter the manufacturer NVIDIA and model SHIELD TV, followed by Add.