Harmony experience with Fire OS
It's not compatible with Harmony IR based remotes
It's compatible with Harmony hub‑based products
Harmony and Fire OS
Power on your TV, automatically set the correct inputs, and begin navigating your Fire OS powered TV, all with a single Harmony remote. Use the Harmony mobile app on-screen keyboard to make password entry easier or use voice search for movies and television shows.
To check whether or not your Fire OS device is compatible with Harmony, please see our device compatibility search.
- Set up your Fire OS device
- Set up Fire OS and install the apps you'd like to use (e.g., Netflix, Hulu+, Plex).
- Connect Harmony with your Fire OS device
- Once connected, you can use Harmony to control your Fire OS device and set up Activities that include it.
Adding a Fire OS device
Adding a Fire OS device:
- Launch the Harmony mobile app and connect to your Harmony hub.
- Select MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > DEVICES.
- Select the ADD DEVICE button at the bottom of the screen, followed by ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE.
- Enter the manufacturer and model number for your device, then tap ADD.
- If you have multiple Fire OS devices, select the one that you like Harmony to control.
- Once added, Harmony will prompt you to create an Activity. Select Yes.
- Continue through the series of questions to finish creating your Activity.
Adding a Fire OS:
- Launch the MyHarmony desktop software and sign into your account.
- Select your Harmony product from the Remote Gallery screen.
- Select the Devices tab on the left side of the screen, then the Add device link near the center of the page.
- Enter the manufacturer and model number for your device, followed by Add.
- If you have multiple Fire OS devices, select the one that you'd like Harmony to control.
- After creating a Fire TV Activity, you must launch your Activity using the Harmony mobile app in order to initiate Bluetooth pairing.
Once added, you will have to go through a one-time Bluetooth pairing process. If setting up using the Harmony mobile app, the pairing process will occur while creating your Watch Fire TV Activity. If setting up using the MyHarmony desktop software, you must use the Harmony mobile app to launch your Watch Fire TV Activity for the first time which will initiate the pairing process.
Show me Pairing with Fire OS
- Use your Amazon Fire TV controller to navigate to the Fire TV home screen.
- Select Settings > Controllers and Bluetooth Devices > Other Bluetooth Devices from the Fire TV menu.
- Select Add Bluetooth Devices.
If you're still having issues, please see: Can't Connect a Bluetooth Accessory to Fire TV.