Fix a broken command
If a particular command is not being sent properly, then Harmony can "learn" that command from the original remote control that shipped with your television, set top box or other device.
Commands for devices are often missing when the wrong model number has been entered during account creation. We recommend first double checking that this information is correct.
Using the desktop software
- Sign in using the MyHarmony desktop software.
- Select your remote from the gallery.
- Select the Devices tab on the left side of the screen.
- Select the device you would like to update.
- Select Add or Fix a Command.
- Select Fix a command that doesn`t work.
- Select the command you want to fix and click Next.
- Using the USB cable that came with your Harmony remote, connect it to your computer.
- Harmony 200/300/350/600/650/700 remotes connect from the top of the remote.
- Harmony Touch, Ultimate and Home remotes connect from the bottom of the remote. Do not use the charging cradle.
- Harmony Smart Control and Harmony Hubs connect using the hub itself, located on the back.
- View additional support information if your remote or hub is not being detected.
- Point the tip of your devices original remote control at the IR input sensor on your Harmony remote or hub as instructed by the screen animation. The remotes should be approximately 3 inches (8 cm) apart.
- The Harmony 300/350/600/650/700 IR input sensor is located at the bottom of the Harmony remote.
- The Harmony Touch, Ultimate & 200 IR input sensor is on the back.
- The Harmony Hub IR input sensor is on the front/ top.
- Press the button that you want to teach on your original remote control. Hold the button for 1 to 2 seconds.
- The instructions on MyHarmony desktop software will notify you once the command is recognized.
- Click Finish.
- Once you have added the new command you may then assign it to a button on your Harmony remote.
- Remember to sync your remote after making any changes.
Using the mobile app
- Select the MENU icon from within the Harmony app.
- Select HARMONY SETUP > ADD/EDIT DEVICES & ACTIVITIES > DEVICES.
- Select the device you wish to modify, and select ADD/FIX COMMAND.
- Select the command from the list and press > in the top right to continue.
- Point the tip of your device's original remote control at the IR input sensor on your hub as instructed by the on-screen photo. The remote should be approximately 3 inches (8 cm) apart from the hub.
- Harmony App will notify you once the command is recognized.
- Press > in the top right when done.