Understanding different input changing methods
TVs, AV receivers and devices switch between inputs in different ways, understanding how your device switches inputs may help troubleshoot when an Activity doesn't start correctly.
Input switching methods
Using the mobile app
In order to use the Harmony mobile app, you'll need to use a Harmony hub‑based product. If you're not using a Harmony hub‑based product, please follow the desktop instructions to correct your device's input switching method.
- Tap MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > DEVICES.
- Select the device you'd like to modify, followed by INPUT SETTINGS and select the input change method your device uses.
- Answer the additional questions about how your device changes inputs to complete the process.
Using the desktop software
- Sign into the MyHarmony desktop software and select your remote from the Remote Gallery.
- Select the Devices tab, along with the device you'd like to modify the input switching method for.
- Click on Change Device Settings, followed by Input settings, then Next.
- Select the input change method that your device uses.
- If the value is set to "I press different buttons that directly switch..." then we recommend leaving this setting untouched.
- If it is set to one of the other two values and is incorrect, please change it.
- You will be asked additional questions regarding how your device changes inputs.
- Once you've answered the questions, click Finish.
- Finally, sync your remote to apply the new settings.
Select your remote
We need to know which type of remote you have in order to provide you the correct instructions. Please select from one of the options below in order to get started.
Instructions on this page are not relevant for the Harmony remote you've selected.
← GO BACK