Advanced settings for restricted networks
An overview of preferred network settings. While these settings are not required, configuring the settings as suggested in this article will provided the widest range of support.
Wi-Fi supported protocols
- 802.11g/n, WPA Personal, WPA2-AES and 64/128-bit WEP encryption
- WPA and WPA2 enterprise connections are not officially supported
Communication ports to allow
- HTTPS on port 443, HTTP port 80
URLs to allow
*Logitech Harmony Hub uses pubnub service to allow Out of Home control e.g control the hub from the App outside the local network.
Services to allow
- SSDP, Bonjour, DNS
*Utilized to discover entertainment and home control devices such as Lutron Caseta, Dish Hopper and more. Harmony Hub will still function if discovery is blocked; however, it will not discover devices. A workaround for this is to add devices manually.
- Enable DHCP reservation for Harmony Hub
- Whitelist Harmony Hub MAC address
Finding the hub's IP address
- Using the Harmony mobile app
- Launch the Harmony mobile app and connect to the Harmony hub.
- Select MENU, then About > Versions.
- The hub's IP address will be listed under Hub IP Address.
- Using the router
- Log into the router and look for a Wireless or DHCP option.
- You can determine the hub's IP address by matching it with the hub's MAC address.
(The MAC address is located on the bottom of the hub)
Select your remote
We need to know which type of remote you have in order to provide you the correct instructions. Please select from one of the options below in order to get started.
Instructions on this page are not relevant for the Harmony remote you've selected.
← GO BACK