Launch Smart TV Apps (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube) directly from Harmony like an Activity (27-09-2018)
In recent days, we are getting more requests from our customers that they are unable to launch Smart Apps (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.) directly from the Harmony remote like an Activity or they don’t have an option to select the App as an input while creating the Activity.
We would like to provide you steps to launch the App directly from your Harmony remote.
If you want to launch the Amazon App in your LG TV, create a Watch Smart TV type Activity and assign “Smart TV” as the input in that Activity (While using Harmony mobile App, Smart TV input will get assigned automatically), assign TV to be the Channel Changing device of that Activity and then add the required navigation commands (example like directions, select) and add Delay between that direction commands (like 1-Second or 2-Second, if you’re adding multiple direction commands) in that Watch Smart TV Activity Startup Sequence to directly switch to the Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube App.
Steps to add commands in the Activity Startup Sequence. Can we found here:
If the Apps on your TV Screen are Static (The position of the App on the TV remains unchanged)
Refer the below pictures link 1, 2, 3 to choose Amazon App from the LG 32LH604T Smart TV (Just write down the steps from LG TV original remote)
- Picture 1(https://imgur.com/a/QkiE0VV)
- Picture 2(https://imgur.com/a/WtPNN4l)
- Picture 3(https://imgur.com/a/S2qwpmy)
Turn on the LG TV >>> choose Smart TV input >>> Press Direction Right >>> Direction Right >>> Direction Right >>> Select
Add the above commands in the Activity Startup Sequence to launch the Amazon App of the LG 32LH604T Smart TV directly from the Harmony. In the end, it should like this. Refer this picture (https://imgur.com/a/LVLDnVP)
Note: Steps are given for MyHarmony Desktop Software, you can also use Harmony Mobile App (refer the support article given above for steps)
If the Apps on your TV Screen are Dynamic ((Every time the position of the App on the TV changes based on the usage)
- If the Apps on your TV screen are dynamic and if your TV supports Search function in the virtual keyboard on your TV Screen. Refer this picture (https://imgur.com/a/BaoTY5J)
- Add the “Search” command & required Direction and Select commands to choose the character of the Alphabetic words like AMAZON, means enter character A, enter character M, enter character A, enter character Z, enter character O, enter character Z, in that Watch Smart TV Activity Startup Sequence to directly switch to the Amazon App.
One more way to directly launch the Smart TV App
Create a Button Sequence using the commands required to switch the App like Amazon, Netflix and assign it to any button or screen of the Harmony. Once you start that Activity, use that button sequence to switch to that App. Steps to create Button Sequence