Harmony remote not getting recognized by MyHarmony Desktop Software in Windows(12-02-2019)
We’re receiving a few queries with regards to Harmony remote not getting detected by the MyHarmony Desktop Software.
Hence, customers are facing a challenge while trying to sync the remote using MyHarmony Desktop Software.
The following are the basic troubleshooting steps which should positively resolve this kind of issue.
- Use the USB cable that came with your remote as some USB cables may not work correctly.
- Check that the USB cable is securely connected directly to your computer.
- Do not use USB hubs.
- Try using a different USB port on your computer.
- Confirm that the USB cable is connected to your remote properly.
- Try rebooting your computer.
- Try rebooting the Harmony remote by holding the power button for 15 seconds.
- Try setting up your remote using a different computer.
If the issue persists, we’d request you to follow the below steps in reinstalling the Harmony drivers which should fix this issue:
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key (“Run”).
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Click on the box to the left of "Human Interface Devices" to expand the list. You'll be able to view the "USB Input Device".
- Double click on that and you will be able to find a driver with “Location: Location 0 (Port_#0004.Hub_#0003)” which is Harmony driver.
- Click on Uninstall to uninstall the driver.
- Once uninstalled, unplug the remote from USB and plug it again. The USB drivers will be installed automatically and Windows will be able to detect your remote.
Elite Home Control Home Hub Hub Smart Keyboard Link One Smart Control Companion Touch Ultimate Ultimate Home Ultimate Hub Ultimate One 950 Pro 200/300/350 600/650/665/700