Harmony remote isn't being detected by the computer
If the MyHarmony desktop software isn't detecting your Harmony remote or hub during setup or during sync, then we recommend reviewing this article. If your remote is detected by MyHarmony but you're still having trouble, one of the related articles below may be able to assist you. If you've just purchased Harmony and are trying to set up your new remote, please select your remote from the product support section of our home page.
Harmony remote isn't detected by the computer
- Use the USB cable that came with your remote as some USB cables may not work correctly.
- Check that the USB cable is securely connected directly to your computer.
- Do not use USB hubs.
- Try using a different USB port on your computer.
- If relevant for your remote:
- Harmony 200/300/350/600/650/700 remotes should have batteries installed.
- Harmony Ultimate, Ultimate One & Touch remotes connect directly to the computer. Do not connect the charging cradle to the computer.
- Harmony Hubs will take 30 seconds to be detected after being plugged into the computer.
- Confirm that the USB cable is connected to your remote properly.
Ultimate One or Touch
- Try closing all browser windows, open a new one & sign in again at myharmony.com.
- Try a different browser. View supported browsers.
- Try rebooting your computer.
- Try rebooting the Harmony remote by holding the power button for 15 seconds.
(Relevant for Harmony Ultimate, Ultimate One and Touch)
- Try setting up your remote using a different computer.
- Review this support video regarding Harmony Ultimate, Ultimate One or Touch.
- Uninstall the Harmony Browser Plug-in, reboot your computer and then install it again.
View this support article for details.
If you're using Harmony Remote Software v7.x with a Mac and your Harmony is not able to sync, you can try using our driver patch to resolve the issue.