Harmony experience with Insteon
It's compatible with Harmony Express and hub‑based products
- Set up Insteon
- Setup and configure Insteon using the Insteon for Hub app on your iOS or Android device.
- Connect Harmony and Insteon
- Once connected, you'll be able to set up and use Activities which include device connected to Insteon.
Add Insteon using the Harmony app
- Launch the Harmony app and connect to your Harmony hub.
- Select MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > Devices.
- Select the ADD DEVICE button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select SCAN FOR WI‑FI DEVICES and Harmony will search for any connected Insteon Hubs on your home Wi‑Fi network.
- To complete the process, you'll be prompted to sign into your Insteon account.
If your Insteon Hub is not found, ensure that it's connected to the same home Wi‑Fi network as your Harmony hub.
Add Insteon using the MyHarmony desktop software
- Launch the MyHarmony desktop software and sign into your account.
- Select your Harmony product from the Remote Gallery screen.
- Select the Devices tab on the left side of the screen, then the Scan for devices button near the center of the page.
- If your device isn't found, select ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE rather than scanning for Wi‑Fi devices, then proceed with the steps below.
- You will be prompted to connect your Harmony to your computer with the provided USB cable.
- Harmony will scan your home Wi‑Fi network for Insteon.
Insteon Hub models
Below is information regarding Insteon Hub models that Harmony Team has been able to test. If you're not sure about which Insteon Hub model you have, you can use Insteon's knowledgebase to help identify your Insteon Hub version.
- Insteon Hub model 2245-222
- Insteon Hub (HomeKit-enabled) 2243-222
- Insteon Hub with AllJoyn 2243-223
- Insteon Hub Pro 2243-222
- Insteon Hub 2242-222R
- Insteon Hub 2242-442
- Insteon Hub 2242-422
Insteon must be added by enabling its skill on the Alexa app. Once enabled, you can press the OK button on your Harmony Express remote to send Insteon voice commands.
Harmony Express remotes
Harmony connects with your Insteon through its Alexa skill.
Harmony connects with the Insteon servers, allowing you to incorporate Insteon into your Harmony Activities. Please ensure your Insteon Hub is connected to the same Wi‑Fi network as your Harmony hub.
Select your remote
We need to know which type of remote you have in order to provide you the correct instructions. Please select from one of the options below in order to get started.
Instructions on this page are not relevant for the Harmony remote you've selected.
← GO BACK