Harmony experience with Hunter Douglas
It's not compatible with IR based remotes
It's compatible with Harmony hub‑based products
Harmony and Hunter Douglas
The Hunter Douglas PowerView system consists of motorized shades that are connected to a central PowerView Hub. Using the PowerView app on an iOS or Android device, you are able to add Shades, assign them to Rooms, create Scenes, and control your shades.
Harmony automatically detects the PowerView Hub on your local network. From there, the PowerView Hub provides a list of Scenes and Rooms, and also allows Harmony to activate Scenes.
- Set up your PowerView Hub
- First, follow the Hunter Douglas instructions to set up your PowerView Hub.
- Creating Rooms
- Create one or more Room and some Scenes. Once complete, follow the steps below to control your shades using Harmony.
- Launch the Harmony mobile app and connect to your Harmony hub.
- Select MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > Devices.
- Select ADD DEVICE, followed by HOME CONTROL > HUNTER DOUGLAS POWERVIEW HUB.
- Finally, press > in the upper right-hand corner.
- Launch the MyHarmony desktop software and sign into your account.
- Select your Harmony product from the Remote Gallery screen.
- Select the Devices tab on the left side of the screen, then the Scan for device link near the center of the page.
- You will be prompted to connect your Harmony to your computer with the provided USB cable.
- Harmony will scan your home network for a Hunter Douglas PowerView Hub.
If your PowerView Hub is not automatically found you may also add it manually. Select the Home Control tab along the top of the page, click on Add Device and search for Hunter Douglas.
- Once your PowerView Hub is found and added, Harmony will automatically import the Rooms and Scenes you have created using the PowerView app.
Add Hunter Douglas during initial setup
During the setup process Harmony will automatcially add your various home entertainment and home automation devices. If Hunter Douglas is not detected, ensure it's connected to the same Wi‑Fi network as your Harmony hub.
Add Hunter Douglas using the mobile app
Add Hunter Douglas using the desktop software
Using Hunter Douglas motorized shades
You can activate Scenes via the Harmony app or by using your Harmony remote:
- Access the DEVICES screen and select BLINDS, you will see a list of the Rooms you created.
- If you're using a Harmony Companion remote, you'll need to use the Harmony mobile app in order to activate scenes.
- Tap on a Room's name to see associated Scenes.
- Select a Scene to enable it.
To control individual shades, create a new Scene for the shade(s) you wish to control.
How Harmony integrates Hunter Douglas
All Harmony hub‑based remotes
Harmony connects with your PowerView Hub using your home Wi‑Fi network. Please ensure your PowerView Hub is connected to the same home network as your Harmony hub.
Harmony remotes without Harmony Hub
As Harmony and the PowerView Hub communicate over your home Wi‑Fi network, Harmony remotes that do not come with a Wi‑Fi enabled Harmony Hub will be unable to control Hunter Douglas products.