Harmony upgrades and combinations
Some Harmony products allow you to upgrade your home entertainment experience with additional remotes, keyboards and/or mobile apps.
Available upgrade combinations
View your Harmony product in the left column to see what upgrade options are available.
Hub, Home Hub, Ultimate Hub950, Ultimate One, TouchSmart Control
(formerly Home Control)includedyesno 2yes
950yesincludedyes 1yes 1
Ultimate Oneyesincludedyes 1yes 1
Touchyesincludedyes 1yes 1
(formerly Home Hub)includedyesyesyes
1 Requires a Harmony Hub upgrade before this add-on may be added.
2 Harmony Companion comes with a remote similar to the Smart Control Add-on, but has additional buttons optimized for home control.
* Product availability may differ for your region. View available products.
How Harmony upgrades work
All upgrade combinations require a Harmony Hub. The hub is the center of Harmony home entertainment control and works to keep your devices and other Harmony components in sync. There should only be one hub in your Harmony setup.
Harmony Hub accepts one remote of each type:
- One touchscreen remote (Elite, 950, Ultimate, Ultimate Home, Touch, Ultimate One)
- One screen-less remote (Companion remote, Home control remote, Smart Control remote)
- One Harmony keyboard (Smart Keyboard)
Upgrade using the Harmony mobile app
- Launch the Harmony mobile app and connect to your existing Harmony Hub.
- Select Menu > Harmony Upgrade > Add Remote or Add Smart Keyboard.
- Select Add Now and follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding your device.
Upgrade using the MyHarmony desktop software
- Sign into your MyHarmony account using the MyHarmony desktop software.
- Select your current remote from the Remote Gallery.
- Select the Upgrade button in the left tab and select the device you wish to add.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding your device.
I want to know if I need another hub to add another device
No, two hubs cannot be paired with each other.
I want to know if I need the MyHarmony desktop software to add a hub
Yes, adding a hub to an existing remote-only setup requires the MyHarmony desktop software.
I want to add a second touchscreen remote
Attempting to add another touchscreen remote will replace the original remote. A touchscreen remote must be paired with a non touchscreen remote and vice versa.
After I have paired both remotes, but now I want to separate the
It is not possible to downgrade or separate your remotes once they have been bundled together.