Ghost Activity-unable to rename/create Activity (21-11-2019)
Few customers are reaching out to us saying that they are unable to rename Activity and “Ghost Activity” exists in there account, so we have provided you with the troubleshooting steps to fix this.
When you try to rename an activity, you will get an error stating “This name is already used in your account - please use another name”. However, there is no activity with this name is shown in your list of activities.
There are two problems which will cause this issue.
Partially created Activity in your account.Steps to delete partially created activities:
In MyHarmony Desktop Software:
- Launch MyHarmony
- Click on “Activities” tab from Remote Gallery, you will find the Activities with exclamation icon (those are partially created Activities), delete it and create/rename Activity with the same name
For deleting Activities:
- Click on the specific Activity to be deleted
- Click “Delete your Activity” device will be deleted.
Find the images of the above steps by visiting the following link:
In Harmony Mobile App:
- Click on the Menu button on the top left
- Click "Harmony Setup" > "Add/Edit Device & Activities" .
- Click on "Activities" and you will see the partially created Activities with exclamation icon (those are partially created Activity), delete it and create/rename Activity with the same name.
Find the images by visiting the following link:
Harmony will not allow duplication of device name in Activities.
If you try to name an Activity similar to the device name which is in your account you will get an error stating “This name is already used in your account - please use another name”
If you have a device name "Fire TV" in your account, it will not allow you to name an Activity as "Fire TV", instead you can create it as "FireTV" without space.