How to change the network that Harmony connects to
This article will walk you through reconfiguring the network Harmony connects to.
Using the Harmony app
- Ensure your device is connected to the same network you would like to use for your hub.
- Launch the Harmony app and select Set Up New Hub at the bottom of the screen.
- Ensure your hub is plugged in and powered up, press the Pair/Reset button on the back of your hub.
- Once paired, enter your network password, select ✓ and press Join.
- Harmony does not support passwords that contain an emoji.
- Press CONNECT, your hub will connect and you'll be directed to your Activities list.
Using the desktop software
- Sign in using the MyHarmony desktop software.
- Select your Harmony remote from the gallery.
- Click Settings, followed by Set Up / Change network (or Wi‑Fi) Settings.
(You may need to click More >> to see this option)
- Ensure your hub is plugged into a power outlet and connect your remote to your computer using a USB cable.
- Harmony will scan available networks and you'll be prompted to select one.
- Select your preferred network. If applicable, enter your password and click Connect.
- Finally, select Done in the lower right-hand corner to complete the process.
Using the Harmony Express app
- Launch the Harmony Express app and tap Room Settings.
- Next, tap the pencil icon in the Wi‑Fi section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish updating your network.
Select your remote
We need to know which type of remote you have in order to provide you the correct instructions. Please select from one of the options below in order to get started.
Instructions on this page are not relevant for the Harmony remote you've selected.
← GO BACK