Change the power-on order of your devices
Harmony will optimize the order in which devices power on based on which devices take the longest to turn on. Sometimes this needs further customization if, for example, you need a certain device to turn on before or after another device.
Using the mobile app
- Select MENU > HARMONY SETUP > ADD/EDIT DEVICES & ACTIVITIES > ACTIVITIES.
- Select the Activity you wish to modify.
- Select which command you wish to edit (e.g. START, END, etc.)
- Scroll down and press EDIT.
- Tap the grid then drag and drop to change the device power on order.
Using the desktop software
- Sign in using the MyHarmony desktop software.
- Select your remote from the gallery.
- Select the Activities tab on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Activity for which you would like to adjust power on ordering for (ie. Watch a Movie).
- Click on Customize this Activity.
- Hover your mouse over the reordering icon on the left, then drag and drop to change the order.
Remember to sync your remote after making any changes.
- You can also specify the order in which devices power off by clicking the Activity shutdown commands section on the customization screen.
- Harmony will send the input command as soon as that device is powered on, so it is not possible to reorder inputs.
Using the Harmony Express app
- Launch the Harmony Express app and tap Device Settings.
- Select the device you'd like to modify and tap Modify Start Up.
- Tap Sequence, then drag and drop your devices in your desired start-up order.
Select your remote
We need to know which type of remote you have in order to provide you the correct instructions. Please select from one of the options below in order to get started.
Instructions on this page are not relevant for the Harmony remote you've selected.
← GO BACK