Harmony experience with NVIDIA SHIELD TV
It's compatible with Harmony Express and hub‑based products
- Set up your NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Set up your SHIELD TV and install the apps you'd like to use (e.g., Netflix, Hulu+, Plex).
- Connect Harmony and SHIELD TV
- Once connected, you may use Harmony to control your SHIELD TV and trigger Activities in which SHIELD TV is included.
Add NVIDIA SHIELD to your Harmony setup
- Launch the Harmony app and connect to your Harmony hub.
- Select MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > DEVICES.
- Select the ADD DEVICE button at the bottom of the screen, followed by ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE.
- Enter the manufacturer and model number for your device, then select ADD.
- Once added, Harmony will prompt you to create an Activity. Select Yes.
- Continue through the series of questions to build your Watch Shield TV Activity.
- Once you have selected your devices and inputs, the Harmony App will display the Bluetooth pairing instructions to pair with your Nvidia Shield.
- Once created, Harmony will be able to control your Nvidia Shield.
- Once your setup is complete, we recommend you turn off CEC Device Control. To learn more, please see TROUBLESHOOTING HDMI DEVICES WITH CEC.
Please follow the Mobile set-up steps to pair your Nvidia Shield with your Harmony Remote.
Harmony hub‑based products can control all Nvidia Shield, and also add additional capabilities. Using the Harmony app
- Control icon lists commonly used Nvidia Shield buttons.
- Gestures allows you to control your Activity using simple swipe gestures over your phone screen. For example, swiping up/down will change your volume and left/right can rewind and fast-forward.
- Voice and Text entry allows you to use your mobile device's keyboard and/or microphone for text input.
Harmony has already optimized the buttons on your remote; however you can further customize these buttons depending on your preference.
Harmony displays commands specific to your Watch SHIELD TV Activity on your remote screen. You can add, remove or rename them.
You can view common SHIELD TV commands on your phone or tablet screen. You can add, remove or rearrange these commands.
Adding NVIDIA SHIELD TV to your Harmony setup
- Launch the Harmony Express app and tap Edit Setup.
- Next, tap + to perform a Wi‑Fi scan, and select your device.
- If your device isn't found, ensure it's on the same Wi-Fi network as Harmony Express.
- If you still have issues, reboot your device and router then try again.
- Tap Continue and follow the on-screen prompts.
You can use your voice to send commands such as turn on, turn off, and more. Tap What to say in the Harmony Express app to see sample commands for your device. Launching apps using your voice is not supported for this device.
For more information on how to use your voice with Harmony Express, see: Voice commands on Harmony Express
Although Harmony has already mapped default commands to your remote buttons, you have the ability to assign custom commands to them. For more information, see: Customizing physical buttons on your remote
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the Amazon app.
Media Keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward and Rewind commands work.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the Netflix app.
Media Keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward and Rewind commands work. Netflix allows you to move a frame forward or backward using the direction left and right arrows.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the Hulu app.
Media Keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward and Rewind commands work. Hulu allows you to skip 10 seconds forward or back using the direction left and right arrows.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the YouTube app.
Media Keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, FastForward and Rewind commands work. YouTube allows you to navigate between videos using the Direction Right and Left commands.
Direction Pad Navigation will navigate the Browser app.
Media Keys are not used within the Browser app.
The behavior of other apps may vary depending on the app's design.
Harmony Express remotes Hub‑based remotes
Harmony pairs and controls this device using Bluetooth. Your Harmony hub and this device must be within 15 feet (5 meters) of each other; however, they do not require direct line of sight. You will be prompted to pair Harmony with this device during setup, or on first time use for Harmony Ultimate or Ultimate Home remotes.
Harmony Express pairs and controls NVIDIA SHIELD TV using your home Wi‑Fi network and Bluetooth. Please ensure your Nintendo Wii (or Wii U) is connected to the same home network as your Harmony blaster. Your Harmony blaster and Wii (or Wii U) must be within 15 feet, or 5 meters, of each other. However, they do not require direct line of site.
Select your remote
We need to know which type of remote you have in order to provide you the correct instructions. Please select from one of the options below in order to get started.
Instructions on this page are not relevant for the Harmony remote you've selected.
← GO BACK