Add/Teach Harmony a missing command
If a command is missing, you can teach it to Harmony using your original remote. For example, the one that shipped with your television, set‑top box or other device.
Commands for devices are often missing if the wrong model number is entered when originally adding the device. We recommend first double checking that this information is correct, as adding supported devices properly may allow for a wider range of control:
Using the Harmony mobile app
In order to use the Harmony mobile app, you'll need to use a Harmony hub‑based product. If you're not using a Harmony hub‑based product, please follow the desktop instructions to add or teach your missing command.
- Tap MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > DEVICES.
- Select the device you'd like to modify, followed by ADD / FIX COMMAND > COMMAND MISSING.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish adding your command.
Once you have added the new command you may then assign it to a button on your Harmony.
Using the desktop software
- Sign into the MyHarmony desktop software and select your remote from the Remote Gallery.
- Select the Devices tab, along with the device that you need to teach a command for.
- Select Add or Fix a Command, followed by Add a missing command, then Next.
- Using the USB cable that came with your Harmony remote, connect it to your computer.
- Harmony 200/300/350/600/650/700 remotes connect from the top of the remote.
- Harmony Ultimate, Ultimate One & Touch remotes connect from the bottom of the remote. Do not use the charging cradle.
- Harmony hub‑based products connect using the hub itself, located on the back.
- View additional support information if your remote or hub is not being detected.
- Point the tip of your device's original remote control at the IR input sensor on your Harmony remote or hub as instructed by the screen animation. The remotes should be approximately 3 inches (8 cm) apart.
- The Harmony 300/350/600/650/700 IR input sensor is located at the top of the Harmony remote.
- The Harmony Ultimate, Ultimate One, Touch & 200 IR input sensor is on the back.
- The hub‑based products IR input sensor is on the front/ top of the hub.
- Press the button that you want to teach on your original remote control. Hold the button for 1 to 2 seconds.
- The instructions on the MyHarmony software will notify you once the command is recognized.
- Once complete, click Finish. Remember to sync your remote whenever making changes.