Harmony Express - End of Life
On September 30, 2020, Logitech will be ending service and support for Harmony Express. The remote’s connection to the Harmony and Alexa cloud will be disconnected, disabling all functionality. Logitech will be offering compensation, in the form of a free Harmony Elite remote upgrade or a refund of the purchase price, for current owners in possession of their Harmony Express. You may redeem your upgrade or refund up till December 31, 2020.
Please go here for Logitech’s announcement.
Getting Your Upgrade or Refund
Receiving compensation for Harmony Express can be initiated with the Harmony Express app for iOS or Android.
- Launch the app and tap on “Got it” to continue past the reminder of the end-of-service announcement.
- Tap on the menu icon at the top left of the home screen. Select “Upgrade or Refund.” Your Harmony Express will need to be plugged in and connected to the app.
- Enter your information and select your compensation option of a Harmony Elite upgrade or a refund of your purchase price.
- After submitting your information, you will be contacted via email for further verification or confirmation.
- You may be required to submit a copy of your proof of purchase.
- You may be required to return your Harmony Express product back to Logitech.
- You may redeem your upgrade or refund up till December 31, 2020.
- If you are a brand new Harmony Express customer, go ahead and download the app and set it up. Then follow the instructions above.
- Harmony determines the current owner using the email address last set up with the product.
Things to keep in mind
Cleaning up your Alexa account
When you stop using Harmony Express, you should clean up your Alexa account of anything related to Harmony Express.
Step 1: Delete your Harmony Express from your account.
- Launch the Harmony Express app
- Tap "Room Settings" > "Delete this room" > "Delete"
Deleting your room will also remove it from any Alexa Scenes relating to it. Your Scenes will still function, but will skip the Harmony Express commands.
Step 2: Disable all Harmony Express related skills.
- Go to your Amazon Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com in a web browser
- Find and select "Skills or Games" or "Skills"
- Select "Your Skills" and disable the following skills:
- "Harmony Express"
- "Harmony Voice Coach"
- "Harmony Express Integration" (Only if another Harmony hub based remote using Alexa was also in the account).
Step 3: Deregister your Harmony Express from your Amazon Alexa account.
- Look for "Settings" from the left side menu
- Under Device Settings, select the Harmony Express and then “Deregister” to remove the Harmony Express from the Amazon Alexa account completely
Upgrading to a Harmony Elite
If you are upgrading to a Harmony Elite, please note that you will be unable to use our copy feature to bring in your Express account configuration. You will need to configure your Elite by adding in your devices and setting up your Activities and Favorites.
When will my Harmony Express stop working?
Your Harmony Express remote will stop working as of September 30th, 2020.
Is there a deadline to take advantage of the upgrade or refund?
Logitech/Harmony will honor your request for a replacement remote or refund until December 31, 2020. We encourage you to contact us quickly to ensure we can assist you with your replacement remote before your Harmony Express service is interrupted on September 30, 2020.
Does this impact my other Harmony remotes?
No. This end of life program only impacts the Harmony Express. No other Harmony remotes are included.
What do I do to get my replacement or refund?
Instructions and claim initiation are provided within the Harmony Express app for iOS and Android.
When can I expect my free Harmony Elite to arrive or get my refund?
Our support team is ready to handle your compensation requests. If you picked a Harmony Elite upgrade, you will be provided a promo code to use on Logitech.com. If you picked the refund option, the transaction with TransferWise can complete in less than 5 days - after all verification has been completed.
Do I have to send my Harmony Express in somewhere or go physically pick something up?
No. Initiating the replacement/refund process within the Harmony Express app is enough to confirm ownership. Only if your Harmony Express cannot be verified via the app will you be asked to send the product to Logitech. We will work with any affected customers to make this as seamless as possible.
I want a refund, but I can’t find my receipt. What now?
Please contact our customer support team. They may be able to confirm proof of purchase in other ways or help find an alternative solution
I sold my Express, can I get a free Harmony Elite?
No. You must be the latest owner and have possession of the Express.
I have a non-working Express, do I qualify?
If you already contacted Customer Care about your non-working Express and received a replacement, you can redeem compensation for the new replacement Express. The original non-working Express does not qualify.
Can I get another Logitech product instead?
Compensation will be in the form of a Harmony Elite or a refund of the Harmony Express purchase price. Customers choosing a refund can always use that for other Logitech products that best fit their needs at this point.
I am having trouble logging into my Harmony Express app, what should I do?
Please contact our support team here - They will help verify possession and provide next steps for you.
Does my new Harmony require a new app?
Yes, if you are replacing your Harmony Express with a Harmony Elite or other Harmony remote, you will require a new app, which can be downloaded here.
I want a Harmony Elite, but it’s more complex than Harmony Express. Who can help me get it set up?
Although Harmony Elite uses a different app and the setup users different screens, it is comparable. Customers who set up a Harmony Express should have no trouble. If any questions do arise, our customer support teams and community forums are always available to provide assistance.
Does the Elite have voice capability?
Yes, our hub based products including the Elite integrate with Alexa and Google Home products to give you voice functionality however there is no push to talk feature on the remote like the Harmony Express. Alexa and Google Home products are not included with the Elite.
If I choose the Harmony Elite will I be able to copy my settings over from my Harmony Express?
No, that functionality is not available. Your Express account configuration differs from other Harmony remotes and does not copy over. You will need to set it up by adding your devices and setting up your Activities and Favorites. However, you can use the same email login as your Express.
Do voice commands work the same way with Elite and an Alexa enabled device as they did with a Harmony Express?
The Harmony Elite experience with Amazon Alexa would be quite similar to Harmony Express. However, The Harmony Elite does not have Alexa built-in and will require an additional Alexa device to interact with the voice service.
If you would like to find out more about how the Harmony Elite would integrate with Alexa, please click here.
Here are some added features of the Harmony Elite:
- Device control via Harmony app.
- Sonos Integration.
- Assistance, tutorials and help will be available on remote and on app.
- Voice integration will allow you to launch apps using Roku devices.
- Ability to add and control multiple Televisions, Multi-Zone Receivers.
- Smart Home integration within an activity (i.e. saying Alexa, turn on TV could dim your lights and draw your blinds).