Harmony Experience with Lutron
It's compatible with Harmony Express and hub‑based products
- Set up your Lutron Smart Bridge
- Set up your smart bridge using Lutron App for Caséta Wireless on your iOS or Android device.
- Add Lutron to Harmony
- Once you've added Lutron to Harmony, you can create Activities which include compatible Lutron Caséta products.
Add Lutron to your Harmony setup
- Launch the Harmony app and connect to your Harmony hub.
- Select MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > Devices.
- Select the ADD DEVICE button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select SCAN FOR WI‑FI DEVICES and Harmony will search for any connected Lutron devices on your home Wi‑Fi network.
- If your device isn't found, select ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE rather than scanning for Wi‑Fi devices, then proceed with the steps below.
- Finally, select the checkbox next to your Lutron device and select > in the upper right-hand corner.
- Launch the MyHarmony desktop software and sign into your account.
- Select your Harmony product from the Remote Gallery.
- Select the Devices tab, then Add device.
- Enter manufacturer Lutron followed by your Lutron model number.
- Finally, select Add to complete the process.
Adjust settings for Lutron Caséta Lights
- Access the Devices screen and select Lutron Caséta Light. On the settings screen for the selected light(s), you can see and set the color, temperature, brightness and on/off for that light.
- Also, directly on the Devices screen, you can:
- Select the power icon next to the light to toggle it on/off
- Select and hold on the light until a vertical line appears. Then slide your thumb/finger to set the desired brightness. Release your thumb/finger and the lights will adjust to the new setting.
Adjust height of Serena Shades
- Access the Devices screen and select Lutron Serena Shades to see the current level of the shade.
- Select and hold the shade lever and slide your thumb/finger to set a new level. Release your thumb/finger and the shades will move to the set position.
Within the Harmony app, you can also include Lutron Caséta Lights and/or Serena Shades as part of a Harmony Activity, and automatically set the mood whenever you start the Activity.
Tested Bridge Models
Harmony hub-based products cannot control Lutron fan control devices.
The Harmony Team has validated the following Lutron Smart Bridge models.
- Smart Bridge L-BDG-WH
- Smart Bridge Pro L-BDGPRO-WH
- Smart Bridge with HomeKit Technology L-BDG2-WH
- Smart Bridge Pro with HomeKit Technology L-BDGPRO2-WH
- Smart Bridge RR-SEL-REP2
Lutron must be added by enabling its skill on the Alexa app. Once enabled, you can press the OK button on your Harmony Express remote to send Lutron voice commands.
Harmony Express remotes
Harmony connects with your Lutron through its Alexa skill.
Harmony connects with your Lutron Smart Bridge using your home Wi‑Fi network. Please ensure your Lutron Smart Bridge is connected to the same home network as your Harmony hub.
Select your remote
We need to know which type of remote you have in order to provide you the correct instructions. Please select from one of the options below in order to get started.
Instructions on this page are not relevant for the Harmony remote you've selected.
← GO BACK