Announcement: Works with Nest-impact to Harmony (17-08-2019)
- In the coming weeks Google will encourage you to migrate your Nest account to Google. This Google migration is optional, but not reversible.
Account migration will permanently prevent Harmony from viewing or controlling your Nest.
- Even if you don’t migrate your Nest account to a Google account, a Harmony factory reset, setting up a new Harmony, or deleting and re-adding Nest to your account will also prevent you from connecting back with Nest.
Doing any of the above will permanently prevent Harmony from viewing or controlling your Nest.
Google’s changes to their Works with Nest program do not impact your ability to control Logitech Harmony using Google Assistant. This only impacts your ability to control Nest Thermostats and Nest Protect from Harmony.
- You may have seen today’s news from Google that it will be winding down its Works with Nest developer program on August 31st, as it seeks to unify its efforts around third-party connected home devices and deliver a single consumer and developer experience through the Works with Google Assistant program. You can read more about Google’s plans on the Nest website -
- Harmony is a participant in the Works with Nest program and thus is affected by this change. Following the closure of Works with Nest on August 31, Harmony users will no longer be able to access and control Nest devices using their Harmony remotes. Nest devices will continue to work using their native controls or by using Google Assistant -
- For the most up-to-date information, visit Google’s Works with Nest FAQ -