Harmony remote not getting recognized by MyHarmony Desktop Software in Windows(12-02-2019)
We’re receiving a few queries with regards to Harmony remote not getting detected by the MyHarmony Desktop Software.
Hence, customers are facing a challenge while trying to sync the remote using MyHarmony Desktop Software.
The following are the basic troubleshooting steps which should positively resolve this kind of issue.
- Use the USB cable that came with your remote as some USB cables may not work correctly.
- Check that the USB cable is securely connected directly to your computer.
- Do not use USB hubs.
- Try using a different USB port on your computer.
- Confirm that the USB cable is connected to your remote properly.
- Try rebooting your computer.
- Try rebooting the Harmony remote by holding the power button for 15 seconds.
- Try setting up your remote using a different computer.
If the issue persists, we’d request you to follow the below steps in reinstalling the Harmony drivers which should fix this issue:
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key (“Run”).
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Click on the box to the left of "Human Interface Devices" to expand the list. You'll be able to view the "USB Input Device".
- Double click on that and you will be able to find a driver with “Location: Location 0 (Port_#0004.Hub_#0003)” which is Harmony driver.
- Click on Uninstall to uninstall the driver.
- Once uninstalled, unplug the remote from USB and plug it again. The USB drivers will be installed automatically and Windows will be able to detect your remote.